Dogs and Mushrooms

We have been urgently investigating reports of dogs being poisoned by mushrooms or airborne spores on the Common.  As of 3 October, we know that one young dog died at the weekend, apparently from poisoning, after a walk from the Rising Sun to Winchcombe via Postlip Hall and Postlip Mill. We understand how distressing this was for the owners and are deeply sorry. 

There is at present no firm evidence to link this poisoning to mushrooms or spores, nor to the source of poisoning having been on Cleeve Common. The owners have kindly agreed to pass on the results of the toxicology test when available. If your dog has recently become ill after a walk on Cleeve Common, please let us know asap when and where it happened so we can warn other dog walkers. We will post more information if available. Thank you.

We're changing our name

Logo-Board---1-line.jpg

From 1 September, we're changing our working name to Cleeve Common Trust, to highlight the charitable nature of our work for the benefit of the environment and the local community.  

The old 'Cleeve Common Board of Conservators' was always a bit of a mouthful and  sometimes left people thinking we were a political group!  We hope our shorter, snappier title makes it clearer what we're about.

Our contact details are unchanged.

Memorial Programme

Memorial Programme

The Memorial Programme allows local residents to make a donation in memory of a loved one to fund the conservation of Cleeve Common. Donations for this purpose will help to maintain and enhance the Common’s natural beauty as a lasting and fitting tribute to the family members and friends who enjoyed visiting the Common for this very reason. Those making a donation will be able to place a plaque on the Memorial Wall surrounding the Cotswold's highest tree (photo).

Read More