Dogs and Mushrooms

We have been urgently investigating reports of dogs being poisoned by mushrooms or airborne spores on the Common.  As of 3 October, we know that one young dog died at the weekend, apparently from poisoning, after a walk from the Rising Sun to Winchcombe via Postlip Hall and Postlip Mill. We understand how distressing this was for the owners and are deeply sorry. 

There is at present no firm evidence to link this poisoning to mushrooms or spores, nor to the source of poisoning having been on Cleeve Common. The owners have kindly agreed to pass on the results of the toxicology test when available. If your dog has recently become ill after a walk on Cleeve Common, please let us know asap when and where it happened so we can warn other dog walkers. We will post more information if available. Thank you.